now browsing by category
“The week in domains” summarizes the domain name industry news on a weekly basis. Not enough time to check all the news on all the blogs? This is what you want to read. Updated throughout the week/days.
Domain Name Sales
- DotWhatever: New gTLDs Launch – Week of 12/01 -12/05/14 (.delivery, .energy, .paris, .auction, .software, .business, .immo, .network, .pizza, .physio)
- The Domains: The Domains: Do new gTLDs rank higher? Apparently there’s a difference, especially for local searches, but further analysis is needed.
- The Domains: Afilias Wins The Rights To The New gTLD .MLS – the Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA) withdrew their application over the weekend. Afilias plans to operate this as a domain open to all registrants.
- OnlineDomain: List Of 6323 Premium Domain Names For .Cymru & .Wales Published
- DNN: Europol seizes 292 domains for counterfeit goods on Cyber Monday in 19 countries. Also at [CIO, Press Release, v3, PCWorld]
- The Domains: Frank Schilling Wins UDRP On TableForTwo.com; Complainant Didn’t Like The 89K Price
- DNW: “Trademark King” wants Apple.com, YouTube.com, Target.com, Google.com, Elton John trademarks
- DNW: Lawsuit alleges 3 number domain names stolen (224.com, 605.com and 452.com)
Domain Names for Sale
- Wall Street Journal: Halfway to Wrecking Internet Freedom – No alternative to US internet stewardship in sight?